Founded in 2009, Crafty Supermarket is an indie craft show of metropolitan proportions right in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. Our juried show showcases crafters, artists and makers from all over North America and draws shoppers from Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Run by two local women, Crafty Supermarket is all about providing a place for artisans to connect with consumers and educate the public about conscientious consumption and craftiness.
Crafty Supermarket was born in the summer of 2009 by Grace Dobush and Alisha Budkie. Though they both lived in Clifton at the time, they first met at a craft convention, the Summit of Awesome, in Washington, DC; it was clear Cincinnati needed something to bring together the growing creative community. Chris Salley, of Fabricate in Northside, joined the team shortly after the first show. Alisha moved on in 2011 to open a brick-and-mortar design and art supply store; now Chris and Grace run the show.
Here’s a brief history:
- Nov. 21, 2009: Our first show at the Northside Tavern had 20 craft vendors and more than 1,000 shoppers.
- April 17, 2010: Our second show, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center had 50 crafters and 1,600 shoppers.
- August 1, 2010: We hosted a free screening of the documentaryHandmade Nation in conjunction with Fabricate.
- Nov. 20, 2010: Our third show, at the CCAC, had more than 50 crafters and attracted 2,100 shoppers.
- May 7, 2011: Our fourth show, at the CCAC, had 55 crafters and attracted 1,700 shoppers.
- Nov. 19, 2011: On our second anniversary, our holiday show attracted more than 50 crafters and 2,500 shoppers.
- May 5, 2012: Our sixth show, at the CCAC, had more than 50 crafters and 1,500 shoppers.
- Nov. 17, 2012: Our third anniversary show drew more than 50 crafters and 2,600 shoppers.
Our next show will be 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 27, 2013, at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center!
Here are detailed Google Maps directions:
Check out our Crafty Supermarket FAQ for more answers to common questions!