crafty supermarket info for shoppers
Are you super excited for the big Crafty Supermarket holiday craft show? We sure are, and so are our nearly 90 makers! Here’s all the info you need to have a successful shopping trip, including insider info, a parking map and detailed directions to our new venue.
What: Crafty Supermarket’s Holiday Show
When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013
Where: Music Hall Ballroom at 1241 Elm St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
Cost: Free to the public!
The Music Hall Ballroom at 1241 Elm St., Cincinnati, OH 45202, on the southern end of Music Hall, right across the street from Washington Park in Over-the-Rhine. Many buses stop within a few blocks of Music Hall — plan your trip at Go Metro.
Here are detailed Google Maps directions to Music Hall:
- from Columbus, Ohio, and points northeast
- from Dayton, Ohio, and points north
- from Louisville and points southwest
- from Indianapolis and points west
Music Hall is right next to Washington Park in Over-the-Rhine, with plenty of parking nearby. The garage across Central Parkway has an elevated covered walkway that will take you straight into the ballroom. (It is wheelchair-accessible with a ramp from the street.) There’s also easily accessed parking under Washington Park — from there you’ll go across Elm Street and take the stairs or the wheelchair-accessible freight elevator up to the Ballroom. Both entrances will be open to the show!
- Want one of our 100 swag bags? Arrive early! By the time the show starts at 11 a.m., we usually have a good line going. We will have 50 swag bags at each entrance to the show (the Central Parkway walkway entrance and the Elm Street side entrance).
- If you arrive at the Music Hall Ballroom before the show opens at 11 a.m., please wait in line. We can’t allow shoppers in the venue until the show officially starts for everyone’s safety!
- Many of our vendors accept credit cards, but not all of them do, so we recommend bringing cash to the show. There are ATMs in Washington Park across the street if you need one.
- We’ll have free hands-on craft activities all day by Broadhope Art Collective, Fold Me Up and Kiki Magazine.
- We love animals, but please don’t bring your dog inside the show unless it is a service animal.
- Ben Davis of Bad Veins and the PROJECTMILL collective will be spinning all day as our in-house DJ.
- Want to shop in peace? We totally understand — some folks just don’t like crowds. If you prefer to leisurely peruse all our vendors’ wares, come in the afternoon! Things usually slow down after 3 p.m., and our vendors are well-stocked so you don’t have to worry about missing the good stuff!